Teams of experts. Reams of research.
For the past 50 years, RMPDC’s staff has conducted exhaustive research in drug safety, monitoring and surveillance, public health and medical information. It’s conducted by a staff of over 50 scientists, physicians and researchers with expertise in toxicology, pharmacology, statistics, medical toxicology, emergency medicine, internal medicine and occupational medicine.
Even today, we remain one of the world’s foremost authorities in:
- Acetaminophen & Analgesics
- Poisoning Treatment
- Public Health
- Researched Abuse, Diversion and Addiction-Related Surveillance (RADARS® System) for Monitoring of Prescription Drugs
- Disaster Preparedness & Response
- Medical Toxicology texts (2)
- CME Development & Dissemination
Some of our accomplishments include helping drug companies gain approvals for:
- CroFab – North American crotaline snake envenomation
- DigiFab – cardiac glycoside intoxications
- Antizol – toxic alcohol (methanol & ethylene glycol) intoxications
- Acetadote – acetaminophen intoxications
- Radiogardase – thallium and radiocesium exposures
- Cyanokit – cyanide exposures
Overall, our research efforts have yielded some very impressive results, including:
- $12 million in annual grants and contracts
- 200 regional/national/international conference presentations (1998 - 2010)
- 2 major medical toxicology texts
- 300 peer-reviewed publications
- 450 physicians, pharmacists & medical students rotations (1998-2010)
And our research staff is always ready to assist you on a consultancy basis:
- Designing research questions and strategies
- Developing clinical protocols
- Creating data collection/surveillance systems
- Analyzing data and preparing reports.
- Assisting in regulatory activities or meetings
- Developing medical information resources
- Providing customized services to complement those of our call centers
If you’d like to learn more, please feel free to contact us.